Tips for Applying Peel-and-Stick Temporary Wallpaper
We are sharing tips and tricks for applying peel and stick wallpaper. Our quick how-to video shows you how easy it is to smooth out air bubbles. Wondering how to trim around obstacles? Our video will guide you while you trim wallpaper around doors, windows, and molding. Plus, we are sharing a fun trick on how to cover a light switch.
HOW TO REMOVE AIR BUBBLES FROM WALLPAPER
The easiest way to remove air bubbles during wallpaper application is using a squeegee and straight pin.
1. Gently pierce the bubble with the straight pin.
2. Using a squeegee, carefully smooth paper, working air towards the pinhole.
HOW TO TRIM WALLPAPER AROUND MOLDING
Wondering how to trim peel and stick wallpaper around molding? We recommend using a squeegee and a craft knife. Once you gather your tools you can start trimming.
1. Use your squeegee to smooth the wallpaper against the molding.
2. With your craft knife start trimming using a squeegee as a guide to ensure a straight cut.
3. Peel away excess wallpaper and discard.
HOW TO CUT WALLPAPER AROUND DOORS AND WINDOWS
Cutting wallpaper around a window or door involves a couple of simple steps. All that you need are a pair of scissors, a craft knife, and a Tempaper squeegee.
1. Begin applying your wallpaper panel from the top-down, smoothing into the molding or doorway.
2. Peel away the wallpaper backing to allow about 6 inches of paper to hang over the molding of the window or door.
3. Find the top corner of the door frame or window and cut diagonally from the outer edge to the door frame or window corner.
4.Continue to apply panel, aligning, and smoothing toward the molding. Lastly, trim along frame using a squeegee to guide the craft knife, peeling away excess.
HOW TO COVER A LIGHT SWITCH WITH WALLPAPER
Wallpapering a light switch cover is a nice way to keep your wallpaper pattern running smoothly across your wall. You will need 3 tools to complete this: a pencil, screwdriver, and craft knife.
1. Cut an extra piece of wallpaper that matches the existing pattern.
2. Laying the extra piece over the outlet cover, find and mark the corners of the light switch cover with a pencil and set aside.
3. Remove the light switch cover with a screwdriver.
4.Working on a cutting mat, find the markings on the extra piece of wallpaper, and align your cover to them.
5. Trim around the cover leaving 1/2 inch – 1” of paper on all 4 sides.
6. Remove excess paper and discard it. Then peel backing off halfway and smooth to cover aligning paper to your markings.
7. Flip switch plate over and make a diagonal cuts at each corner. Fold paper up and over to wrap cover.
8. Cut an ‘X’ in the switch area and fold flaps in
9. Replace outlet cover.