Our Moisture-Resistant, Vinyl Wallpaper is Perfect for a Bathroom
Wallpaper is a great idea to put up in a bathroom. It is safe and easy to apply and is better than paint in many ways. In a previous blog post, we shared our best peel and stick wallpaper prints for a bathroom.
Unlike paint or traditional wallpaper, peel and stick wallpaper easily applies to any smooth surface using a few household items. When it’s time for a change of scenery, our vinyl wallpaper can be quickly removed without damaging your paint or surface.
How to apply peel and stick wallpaper in a bathroom
Installing peel and stick wallpaper in a bathroom is easy! You can put wallpaper on bathroom tiles, doors, and furniture, making the possibilities nearly endless when it comes to updating your space.
Many customers ask us, “can you put vinyl wallpaper in a shower?” While our peel and stick wallpaper is steam and moisture resistant, it isn’t waterproof. With this in mind, we recommend keeping our paper away from shower walls or splash areas.
While our vinyl wallpaper isn’t waterproof, Tempaper & Co. wallpaper is water resistant and can be applied behind bathroom vanities and sinks.
How does wallpaper hold up in a bathroom?
Tempaper & Co. wallpaper is suitable for bathrooms since it is both steam and moisture resistant. Just like traditional wallpaper, our removable wallpaper is durable enough to hold up in a bathroom. If you are wondering how to choose a bathroom wallpaper, it comes down to preference.
Both traditional and peel and stick wallpaper do well in bathrooms and will last for as long as you wish. To prevent your wallpaper from falling or peeling off, we recommend prepping your surface and following a few recommended steps below.
How to keep bathroom wallpaper from falling or peeling off?
• Peel and stick wallpaper is ok to use in a bathroom, as long as you follow our recommended instructions. To make sure your wallpaper will last in your space, it is best to follow these steps:
• Purchase a sample. If you are wondering if our removable wallpaper will stick to your textured walls or bathroom tiles, we suggest purchasing a sample to test your surface before starting your wallpaper project.
• Clean your intended surface. Clean your bathroom walls or intended surface with a damp cloth, making sure it is fully dried before applying our wallpaper. Has your surface been painted with zero VOC paint? We recommend wiping your surface with a 1:1 Isopropyl alcohol and water solution first.
• Prep your surface. Make sure to remove all switch plates and outlet covers prior to installation. It is also important that you make sure to turn the electrical supply off prior to removing the switch and outlet covers. Only restore the power once these covers are fully replaced.
• Gather your tools. Installing peel and stick wallpaper is simple and only requires a few household items to get started. To apply wallpaper in your space, you will need the following:
•Craft or Utility Knife
•Ruler or Straight Edge
• Precut your panels. Before you begin, you will want to measure the height and width of your surface, this will determine how many panels you will need. To learn how to pre-cut your first panel, click here.
How to choose the best vinyl wallpaper for your bathroom
When it comes to finding the best self-adhesive, vinyl wallpaper for your bathroom it can seem like the possibilities are endless. If you are wondering which wallpaper is best for a bathroom, we are sharing our best tips and tricks below.
Subtle prints for a small space: When it comes to smaller bathrooms or powder rooms, many customers prefer a small print for their space. We offer a variety of subtle styles or neutral colorways that are the perfect fit for a small bathroom design.
A splash of color: Bold and colorful designs will really elevate your room and add a splash of color to your space. There are a few prints that are popular for a bathroom including Flamingos, Hojas Cubanas, and Monkey Business.
The look of real tile: Mostly everyone loves the look of tile in a bathroom, but not everyone may be able to renovate their space. Tempaper & Co. offers realistic tile wallpaper designs that deliver a sleek and polished appearance to your bathroom.
If you are wondering if peel and stick wallpaper is worth it, it is! Visit our website to learn about our collection of prints and refresh your bathroom today.