How to Install Peel and Stick Wallpaper
Peel and stick, removable wallpaper installation is a much easier process compared to traditional wallpaper installation. Watch our step-by-step videos with helpful hints, to see the hassle-free process of hanging removable wallpaper. Plus see what tools you will need before you start your project! When it comes time to remove wallpaper, Tempaper will remove cleanly leaving no messy residue behind.
Before You Begin to Apply Peel and Stick Wallpaper
Tempaper is recommended for smooth surfaces that are in good condition and have been primed and painted with a satin or semi-gloss finish. Clean surface by wiping with a damp cloth or wet rag, making sure surface is fully dried before application. For an easier install, remove switch plates and outlet covers prior to installation making sure to turn off electricity at source prior to removal.
We recommend wiping your intended surface with an isopropyl alcohol + water solution (1:1 ratio) and letting it dry before installation to ensure best compatibility.
SURFACES NOT RECOMMENDED
WALLPAPER APPLICATION (PRE-CUTTING PANELS)
1. Measure the height and width of your surface, this will determine how many panels you will need.
2. Pre-cut your first panel to the height of your surface adding 2-3 inches of excess material at the bottom.
3. Be sure to align pattern with each consecutive panel prior to cutting, numbering the back of each panel as you work.
4. Using a level, mark a vertical guide down the length of surface.
5. Peel back 3-4 ft. of the backing.
6. Begin at the top edge aligning paper with your vertical guide to ensure a straight application.
7. Use a squeegee to smooth paper to surface working from the center out. Tempaper can be repositioned as needed to ensure pattern alignment and to eliminate bubbling.
8. Continue in 3-4 foot increments peeling and smoothing until you reach the bottom edge of your surface.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 until the surface has been fully covered.
10. Trim where needed with a craft knife to complete your application.
WALLPAPER APPLICATION (WORKING FROM THE ROLL)
1. Using a level, mark a vertical guide down the length of surface.
2. Place your roll on a soft surface, such as a bath mat or towel, at the bottom edge of starting point.
3. Pull paper up from roll to meet the top edge of surface.
4. Peel back 3-4 ft. of the backing.
5. Begin at the top edge aligning paper with your vertical guide to ensure a straight application.
6. Use a squeegee to smooth paper to surface working from the center out. Tempaper can be repositioned as needed to ensure pattern alignment and to eliminate bubbling.
7. Continue in 3-4 foot increments peeling and smoothing until you reach the bottom edge of your surface allowing paper to overhang by 2-3 inches and cut paper from roll.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 making sure to align pattern with each consecutive panel until the surface has been fully covered.
9. Trim where needed with a craft knife to complete your application.
Helpful Hints // If you find the weight of the roll or the backing paper bothersome during application, each section can be carefully cut as you work making sure to leave enough paper to finish application. You may need to move consecutive panels higher than the previous to align pattern. When doing so, cut excess paper from top before you begin application.
Starting with any corner, firmly peel up or down slowly, parallel to the surface.